HEATHER’S MOTHER-IN-LAW’S SHORTBREAD
(the best shortbread I’ve ever tasted!)
4 ounces caster sugar (and extra for dusting)
8 ounces butter
4 ounces cornflour
8 ounces plain flour (and extra for dusting)
- Mix all ingredients together using an electric mixer (or use your hands if you’re keen!)
- Dust a pastry board or work surface with extra flour.
- Roll out the shortbread mixture onto a pastry board or surface – the shortbread should be about ½ inch thickness as it is quite delicate. Cut into desired shapes using pastry cutters – petticoat tails, fingers, rounds. Arrange the shortbread biscuits on a lined baking tray.
- Use a fork to lightly prick the surface of the shortbread.
- Bake at 150 – 160°C for 30-40 minutes.
- Dust with a bit of extra caster sugar.