HEATHER’S SCOTTISH CRANACHAN
2 tablespoons medium oatmeal
300g fresh raspberries
A little caster sugar
350ml double cream
2 tablespoons heather honey
2-3 tablespoons whisky
- To toast the oatmeal, spread it out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Grill it until it smells rich and nutty. It will not darken quickly, so use your sense of smell to tell you when it is nutty enough! Leave the oatmeal to cool.
- Make a raspberry puree by crushing HALF of the fruit and passing it through a sieve. Sweeten this to taste with a little caster sugar.
- Whisk the double cream until just set.
- Stir in the honey and the whisky, trying not to over-whip the cream. Taste the mix and add more of either if you feel the need!
- Stir in the oatmeal and whisk lightly until the mixture is just firm.
- Alternate layers of the cream with the remaining whole raspberries and the puree.
Allow to chill slightly before eating.